There is a replica of the Taj Mahal at the Global Village. Apparently, it is 75% scale of the original size. If they had only pushed for the remaining 25%, I could go ahead and cancel my trip to India. Or alternatively, I can scale my self down by 25% and visit this one TM at global village and it would be as big the original. hmm?

BTW, anyone been inside the TM at global village? I didn’t bother going in…

4 Comments so far

  1. Farrukh: Copywriter & Journalist (unregistered) on February 16th, 2006 @ 1:34 pm

    While I was writing a documentary on the original Taj, I read that no colours were used in its embellishments – coloured gems were used instead. Like emeralds for leafs and rubies for petals.

    Now all remains are holes after these gems were plucked away and the wealth of the Taj plundered.

    Rabindranath Tagore, the Nobel Laureate, called it “a tear on the cheek of eternity”.

    Just some bits I remembered about the Taj.

  2. Saadie (unregistered) on February 22nd, 2006 @ 2:05 pm

    I did :)

  3. ISRAR JAN (unregistered) on February 25th, 2006 @ 11:38 pm

    taj mahal in dubai is really very good i see the pics of dubai tajmahal its not bad its really very cool i will go to see tajmahal

  4. Zeest (unregistered) on March 2nd, 2006 @ 11:12 am

    I went to original Taj last year n saw this one at Global Village this year. I cannot even think to campare the two. What is taj without the accompanied fountains n lawns tht surround the original one?

Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.